Saturday, January 2, 2010

Having More than What I Deserve

So here comes another inspirational thought which was brought on by a comment by one of my very close friends a few weeks or months back. Their comment was, "thank God for giving you more than what you deserve." That phrase stumped me for a while. I prayed about it and pondered over it, wondering multiple things, such as is that how I live my life, and am I really grateful for the things in life that I have received? A well known Christ-follower financial advisor named Dave Ramsey from the Dave Ramsey Show Podcast (iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=77001367&subMediaType=Audio) and more always responds to the question of "how are you?" with "I am better than I deserve." I consider his comment the second seed that was placed into my life. The truth is, my life is way better than what I deserve because I have messed up so much and disappointed God so much, but yet I have good health, a roof over my head, a beautiful girlfriend, great friends, food, money, clothes and shoes, I could go on! God has given me so much, and I don't even deserve any of it! Who is this God that would give me so much and ask for nothing back? I could never repay Him, all he asks is that we love His son and trust in Him. Even though that is a lot harder than it sounds, it is so little compared to what the Lord of this universe has done for us!

So I challenge you, when someone asks you how you are, respond with, "better than what I deserve." Once you start speaking it, it'll change your life. Believe, it has already changed mine, and I've only just started. Love you all, and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment